Low Poly Characters and Props Demo Reel
Autodesk 123D Catch Demo Reel
(Converting realife objects into 3D models)
Under 16K Tris
I wanted to capture Captain America in action. The model was created with 3DS Max, Mudbox, and Photoshop. I created the background by blocking in cubes in 3DS Max and then hand painted over them in Photoshop.
Inspired after watching The Avengers. I modeled, UV Unwrapped, Textured, and animated the character. I experimented with Mixamo's Auto-Rig. I then used Maya to animate his walk, jump, and run cycle which can be seen at http://stevenhuynh3d.blogspot.com/2012/06/game-development-wip.html .
A turnaround of Captain America.
Here is another render with the wireframe on top of the texture.
Captain America with normals and no texture.
Captain America with normals with wireframe and no texture.
This is the Diffuse map for Captain America.
This is the Normal map for Captain America.
Original Concept by Dron11 at CgHub (http://cghub.com/images/view/133431/) This is a work in progress of the Sad Goblin. He was retopologized with 3D Coat.
Hi poly sculpt of the Sad Goblin in Zbrush. Concept by Dron11 at Cghub. (http://cghub.com/images/view/133431/) Next step is to retopo and lay down base textures.
Under 3K Tris
The Shroud Henchman's concept was provided through Rumble Games website at http://wwww.rumblegames.com . The model was optimized down from 6k triangles to 2.7k triangles.
A turnaround for the Shroud Henchman.
The model has been optimized down from 6k triangles to 2.7k triangles. During the process I had to make sure to keep the silhouette of the model. I hand painted the textures keeping in mind the model was reliant on the textures to bring it to life.
Optimized the mesh from 6k triangles down to 2.7 k triangles. The model is heavily reliant on the hand painted textures.
1024 x 1024 Diffuse Map.
The spider concept was also provided by Rumble Games website http://www.rumblegames.com . I wanted to match the concept art as closely as possible. The Spider was modeled and hand painted textures were done by me.
A turnaround of The Spider.
I modeled,UV unwrapped, and hand painted the textures for The Spider. It's at around 1.4k triangles.
Here is the wireframe for The Spider which has 1.488 triangles.
Here is my texture map and UV for The Spider.
Inspired by an image I saw on Polycount of The Fresh Price and Carlton. I decided to do a Steve Urkel low poly tribute.
These are scientist who clean up after there has been contamination.
Diffuse and Normal Maps 512x512
A fun design by ReevolveR which made me instantly say I need to model this guy. It was really challenge trying to translate the curves of the design into 3D. I hope I was able to do the original design some justice. Check out ReevolveR here: [link]
A bust concept of an Alien created in Zbrush and then textured in Mudbox.
A comparison of the Hi-Poly and Lo-Poly Model. The Alien Bust was retopologized in Zbrush.
A turn around of the Low-Poly model with diffuse, normal, and specular maps.
The normal map is applied to the low-poly model. I was able to get the normal map by using mudbox's extract normal map feature.
UV map and texture of the Alien Bust.
Speed Sculpts (1-3 hours)
This was sculpted in and rendered in Zbrush.
Beauty render of Barney Stinson caricature. This was sculpted in and rendered in Zbrush.
This was the first of two projects for my texture class in my junior year. I used 3DS Max, Mudbox, and Photoshop. The most challenging obstacle that I felt I overcame was learning how to use Max's Hair and Fur modifier.